Polyteck Building Services have now completed the 2nd major refurbishment works at the Burlington Arcade, following its acquisition by its new owners Meyer Bergman in 2010. Working in close collaboration Meyer Bergman andÂ Jamie Fobert, Britainâ€™s most respected architects and designers, Polyteck have helped to meticulously and professionally transform the Burlington Arcade, enabling it to represent an image more in-keeping with its historic past.
Commercial Building Refurbishment
Duration: 12 weeks
The Burlington Arcade is a Grade II listed building set within the Mayfair Conservation Area and surrounded by other listed buildings, including the Royal Academy immediately to the east.
The Arcade is a busy pedestrian shopping arcade, approximately 180m in length, running north to south, linking Piccadilly to the south with Burlington Gardens to the north.
In summary, Polyteck carried out the following works: Redecoration of the existing render elements, features and ceiling.
- Redecoration of the timber windows and baysÂ above the ground floor shop fascias.
- Restoration of the Burlington Gardens CanopyÂ including a back illuminated replacementÂ glass soffit.
- New lighting scheme installation-includingÂ removal of the existing recently added pendant lamps.
- Removal and relocation of visually intrusiveÂ lighting installations and components.
- Careful concealment of cables within theÂ arcade to blend within the existing timber frames.
- Cleaning and repairs to brickwork panels aboveÂ the shop fascias, including colour match tinting.
- Removal and replacement of the existingÂ Arcade shop directory signs of Piccadilly and Burlington Gardens entrances.
- The works were carried out outside normalÂ working hours of an evening and weekends.