Polyteck are Rolec Electric Vehicle (EV) Solutions Approved
That’s true! As we enter an age of driver-less cars and are moving rapidly into an age of more sustainable renewable energy sources, the government has set up an initiative to encourage people to ‘go green’. This scheme is known as the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) Domestic Scheme or Electric Vehicle Home-charge Scheme. This scheme was setup to help private plug-in vehicle drivers offset some of the upfront cost of the purchase and installation of a dedicated domestic recharging unit. You will find more information here about the scheme: Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme
Polyteck’s Qualified Installers
Polyteck’s installers are recognised, certified and approved installers of all Rolec EV products. TheyÂ are qualified up to the highest standards and will comply with the latest BS7671 regulations, inline with the IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging. Polyteck are also NICEIC approved and all of our Rolec EV installers are Â NICEIC qualified, which means that allÂ electrical works will be carried out and certified by a qualified electrician up to latest BS standards.
Free Estimates & Timings
We are happy to provide Free Assessments & Estimates in London, including capacity and compliance of any existing system. (Subject to availability). On the day of installation an assessment is carried out in order to ensure that the Rolec installation will fall within any regulatory criteria. Our turnaround time is swift, as a rule of thumb we would generally advise that any installations can be completed within 14 days of a complete application.
OLEV (Office for Low Emission Vehicles) Funding
In order to satisfy the criteria for OLEV funding, our installers are trained to comply with the following:
- There is a maximum run of 10 metres from the (consumer unit) source of supply to all Rolec charge points
- The consumer unit must be RCD protected and also have an additional way for protecting the outgoing charge point circuit
- All Cables to be surface mounted â€“ Clipped direct
- There will be no requirement for ground works
- There must be an earthing arrangement complying with all current regulations
- All charge points will be fixed to the main property and be able to make use of the propertyâ€™s earthing arrangement
- All OLEV Domestic Scheme Terms & Conditions to be complied by the homeowner.
EV Product Options Available For Homeowners
There are many EV Product options available for homeowners depending on your own personal requirements. Below you will find a list of products that our Polyteck Installers are trained to fit.
Universal Socket & Wall Pod Home Charge
The Universal socket comes with a few added benefits for all Electric Vehicle owners. Firstly, the Universal Socket is flexible enough to be compatible with all makes and models of Electric Vehicle (EV). There are no compatibility issues, giving peace of mind to all Electric Vehicle owners.
Secondly, the Universal Socket has been designed to stand the test of time. Its future proof design means once again the user will get the most out his or her installation of the EV Universal Socket.
- They come in two forms: 16 & 32 Amp or 3.6 & 7.2 Kw
- A product thatÂ is designed to withstand the test of time
- Compatible with all Models of Electric Vehicles
Overview of the Wall Pod Home Charge
- Very Low Maintenance
- Fast in-home EV charging
- Easy to Install
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- It comes with a high quality 3 or 5 metre Tethered Lead and a Charging Gun that slots securely into a holster
- Full overload & Fault current Circuit Protection
- Multiple Supply Cable Entry Points
- Complete Cable management system
- Mode three IEC61851-1 Compliant Communication Protocol
- In-built RCBO accessible via an IP65 rated access door
What types of Tethered Lead (Charge Gun) can I used to Connect to my EV Socket?
There are two types of Tethered Lead (depending on which EV vehicle will be used) available that can be used with the EV Universal Sockets. They are :
Type 1 (J1772)
Type 2 (Mennekes)
They come in various lengths but generally 5m is the industry standard which ensures a swift plug and charge connection and disconnection.
EV Product Options Available For Businesses
There are also many EV Product options available for businesses depending on whats required by the business. Below you will find a list of products that our Polyteck Installers are trained to fit.
Polyteck’s Commercial Rolec Solutions are here to make things easy for your business. We like to keep things very simple by engaging with all our business clients and discuss how the chargers will be utilised, the type of users, time and cost implications involved per charge session and offer the most suitable solution whilst future proofing at the same time.